Interested in joining our program? Tryouts for next season are in May!
We are so excited for our 2022-2023 season. With new competition plans, team expectations, and an energized coaching staff, this will be our best season yet!
How to register for tryouts:
Step 1: Fill out the REGISTRATION FORM
Step 2: Sign the waiver and make sure you have a physical on file to participate in Open Gyms and Clinics/Tryouts.
Step 3: Sign up for and complete an interview. The sign up sheet for this will be available at Open Gyms and the Pre Tryout Parent Meeting. SCHEDULE IS BELOW
Step 4: Complete a Teacher Evaluation. Send this link to a teacher and have them complete the form. Must be completed by Tuesday at midnight. https://forms.gle/2EgX48RSBwnbGjV29
Step 5: Go to tryouts!
Here is some important information for athletes and parents:
Time & Location:
- Open Gyms are available on May 10 and 12 for anyone wanting to “try it out before tryouts” or work on skills for tryouts. Junior High is invited from 5:00-6:30pm and High Schoolers from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- Pre-Tryout Parent Meeting May 11th 6:00pm in the MHS Gym.
- Official Tryouts May 16 & 17 from 5:00-6:30pm for Junior High AND as scheduled on May 19.
- Official Tryouts May 16 & 17 from 6:30-8:00pm for High School AND as scheduled on May 18.
- Location for all open gyms, clinics, and tryouts: The Cheer Building, 730 Glendale Road.
- Athletes must wear appropriate clothing and bring water.
ATHLETES WITH CONFLICTS OF CURRENT SPRING SPORTS PLEASE REACH OUT IN ADVANCE SO WE CAN WORK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE.
What to Wear to Tryouts:
- White T shirt or tank top, black athletic shorts/spandex, cheer or athletic shoes, sports bra
- No Marietta Cheer attire is to be worn at tryouts!
- Hair up and out of athlete’s face, with bow or ribbon.
- Nails must be shorter than fingertip length
- Absolutely no jewelry
You’ll be evaluated on the following:
- Band chant dance
- 2 Sideline chants
- Jumps (Toe touch, Hurdlers)
- Standing tumbling
- Running tumbling
- Stunt sequence (varsity only)
- Coaches Evaluation
- Teachers Evaluation
Questions? Email the coaches: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates after teams are announced:
- May 22nd – Mandatory parent & athlete meeting, 7:00pm MHS Gym
- May 24th – Uniform fitting and camp deposit due
- May 28th- Team Community Service and Team Bonding
- Summer practices begin June 1 for Junior High and June 2 for High School.
INTERVIEW SCHEDULE FOR HIGH SCHOOL
|Interview List High School|
|1:00 PM||Ericha Lawell|
|1:15 PM||Raelyn Antill|
|1:30 PM||Kaelyn Antill|
|1:45 PM||Micah Schenkel|
|2:00 PM||Molly Graham|
|2:15 PM||Mikaiah Kinney|
|2:30 PM||Kaylee Frye|
|2:45 PM||Keera Prim|
|3:00 PM||Martha Troulliet|
|3:15 PM||Lyanna Smith|
|3:30 PM||Jools Elliott|
|3:45 PM||Celia Huffman|
|4:00 PM||Avery Herb|
|4:15 PM||Amya Lightfritz|
|4:30 PM||Kileah Lieras-Kelley|
|4:45 PM||Macy Roe|
|5:00 PM||Reagan Vuksic|
|6:30 PM||Hannah Klintworth|
|6:45 PM||Miya Tomblin|
|7:00 PM||Abby Tucker|
|6:00 PM||Elizabeth Haller|
|6:15 PM||Ziza Stanley|
|6:30 PM||Kennedy Brown|
|6:45 PM||Valentina Murasco|
|7:00 PM||Makayla Patterson|
|7:15 PM||Emma Brewster|
|8:00 PM||Traeh Lewis|